Zumbro Falls is in Wabasha County. We are located at the intersection of State Highways 60 and 63 along the Zumbro River. The river is enjoyed all summer long for canoeing, tubing, fishing and camping. We have a population of 207 and are anticipating more growth. Our community consists of twenty two businesses, a cemetery and two city parks.
Zumbro Falls is an equal opportunity service provider and employer.
The Council Minutes for October 10, 2018 have been posted to the Council Minutes page, for anyone wishing to review them.
- Craft Sale: Friday 4-7PM & Saturday 9AM-3PM at the VFW
- The Rustic Hinge: Checkout the schedule on Facebook
- Burr Oak Bed & Breakfast Open House: Friday & Saturday from 12pm – 4pm; Saturday horse drawn wagon rides provided – load and unload across from the Fire Hall; wonderful holiday refreshments served.
- Vintage Sled Show: Saturday – Registration begins at 10am; show 11am – 3pm; cash prizes.
- Chili Feed: Saturday, 11am – 1:30pm at City Hall.
- Wreath & Swag Event: Saturday 2pm – 4pm at Zumbro Falls Fire Hall.
- Santa & Kids Crafts: Join us at the VFW on Saturday; the event starts at 4pm and will include craft projects; and opportunity to visit Santa Claus; candy bag, and caricatures too!
- Medallion Hunt: Begins on Wednesday, December 5th; $200 cash prize; clues will be posted daily at the City Hall; event sponsored by Neptune Bar & Grill.
- ZF Christmas Ornaments & Hats For Sale: Get them at Rod’s Service Station or the Craft Sale in the VFW.
- Lighting Contest: Five best displays of lights within the city limits will each be awarded $100 dollars; sponsored by the City of Zumbro Falls; Turn your lights on and enjoy the holidays.
- Fun for all!
Buckwild Bar & Grill
FRI: 5-9PM – Fish Fry
6:30PM – Bar Bingo
Doc’s DJ to follow Bingo
SAT: All Day – Free hot chocolate & $2 holiday drinks
Poke a Tree – Prizes for adults & children
8PM to Close – Doc’s DJ
Neptune Bar and Grill
FRI: 6pm – Meat Raffle & Lottery give away
7:30pm – Pool Tournament
SAT: 1pm – Bar Bingo
Rod’s Service Station
SAT: 10am – 12pm – Enjoy Cookies & Coffee
Sign up for Door Prize
Delila’s Cafe & Catering
FRI & SAT: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Special
Daily Sign-Ups for $25 Gift Certificate Drawing
The Local Pizzeria
Fundraiser for South Troy Youth Group
FRI: 4:30pm – 7pm – Pizza slicers 2 for $5 at the Local Pizzeria & VFW Craft Sale
SAT: 12pm – 4pm – Pizza slicers 2 for $5 at the Local Pizzeria
Food Shelf Drive Donations accepted Friday to Sunday for Zumbro Valley Food Shelf located at South Troy Church; each canned item contributed is a submission to a drawing for a prize.
South Troy Church
SUN: 1pm – 4pm Dedication of the new community gathering place and the Zumbro Valley Food Shelf.
Download the 2018 Christmas in Zumbro Falls flier for more information.
City of Zumbro Falls – Open City Government Positions
The filing period for persons interested in running for City Government Positions is July 31, 2018 to August 14, 2018 at 5:00 pm.
- Mayor-2 year term
- Treasurer-4 year term
- Council Member-4 year term
- Council Member-2 year term
- Council Member-2 year term
Paperwork will be available on July 31,2018 from the City Clerk. The Fee is $2.00
South Troy Wesleyan Church is offering Wednesday Night Church for the whole family beginning on June 13, at 6:30pm. This includes Wednesday Night Vacation Bible School for ages 3-12. Reminder – road construction on Hwy 63.
Wednesday Night Worship for the whole family at South Troy Church.
Starting June 13 @ 6:30 pm
56817 Hwy 63 Zumbro Falls
Children ages 3- 12 will enjoy Wednesday night Vacation Bible school from 6:30-7:30.
Children are welcome to learn and have fun discovering ….that Jesus rescues us!
South Troy Wesleyan Church
The Zumbro Falls Community Garden is now taking applications for 2018. Get your plot today!
Camp Victory Spring Update, visit the website for 2018 summer events. https://www.campvictory.com
2017 Christmas in Zumbro Falls! Here are the event winners: Medallion Hunt winner is Audrey Mueller – $200 cash prize sponsored by the Neptune Bar.
The Lighting Contest winners are: Burr Oak Bed and Breakfast, Dana Oelkers, Dave Hosking, Jay Johnson and Kurt Schnell. Each winner received $100 sponsored by the City of Zumbro Falls.
More winners to be announced in the ZFFD Coloring Contest and Snowmobile event.
Thank you to everyone that attended the 6th annual “Christmas in Zumbro Falls”
“Thank You” for your service.
Zumbro Falls January 2017 City Council meeting welcomed incoming council members and thanked out going members.
Bruce Heitmann begins his first term as Mayor. Sarah Jackson will serve as a Council member and Sue Eischens continues her service as City clerk.
Al VanDeWalker retires after 24 ½ years as Mayor of Zumbro Falls. As Mayor, he began serving in 1990 and terms ran consecutively thru 2010. He stepped back in to fill a mayoral vacancy in 2012 and completed two more terms. Looking back in history, beginning 1898 thru 2016, Al served as Mayor longer than anyone before him (Zumbro Falls Centennial Book, City Government information-chapter 4). Zumbro Falls has seen many challenges and changes during these years. Al’s leadership, dedication, determination, perseverance and hands on approach has surely been an asset to our community. Thank you!
Thank you to Kelly Preble for serving a term as a Council member.